This recipe is pretty simple and quick, and YES, it’s a vegetarian dish.
For those who have decided not to eat meat on Wednesdays and Fridays during Lent, this is perfect for you. It doesn’t require too much effort or time.
To make this, you’ll need:
1 pack of asparagus (12 heads), 1 tomato, 1/8 of an onion bulb, 1/3 of a pack of egg noodles, spices (salt, 2 knorr cubes, dried scotch bonnets, and ginger powder), cooking oil.
How to make this?
- Cut up all the vegetables. I cut the asparagus into 4 pieces, and the tomatoes and onions into small cubes.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Stir fry the asparagus with some of the seasonings first. It takes longer to cook.
- As the asparagus starts to soften, add the tomatoes and onions and continue to fry on medium heat
- Simultaneously, boil the egg noodles in a pot on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the noodles are al dente (or soft, if you like it soft), run it under cold water and strain.
- Add the noodles to the stir fry mix and stir properly.
- Add seasonings if necessary
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes on low heat.